Friday, April 17, 2009

Ready for Dougie


Hey, Dougie, tomorrow is DeeDee's birthday and your mommy and daddy are giving me the best present. They are going to let me and Pappa Mike babysit while they go out to your mommy's school prom. They are even going to bring you over to our house for us to watch you. I am so excited. I have been getting ready all week for your visit.

I bought the same model rocker that you have at home, which you use all the time for both playing and sleeping. I put it together last night. Today, after I finished subbing, I went to the drugstore and got the battery I needed to get the rocker vibrations working. Hopefully, you will be happy as a clam and feel right at home in your chair at DeeDee's house.

Your rocker came with a few toys, but I also bought you a couple more. Every little boy (and girl!!) needs a ball. I love the one that they have at the Early Learning Center which is so light and easy to pick up. I got you one that is a bit bigger than the ones you have at school, but which you will still be able to hold and eventually throw. I also found a couple of other toys which make really cool sounds...I know that you will love making lots of noise with them. Everything is so bright and colorful. It really makes DeeDee's living room look festive. It will be just perfect when you come and add your emerging baby personality to the mix. 

I can hardly wait...see you tomorrow evening, Dougie!!

Love, DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment